Friday, June 5, 2009

Jack Dowd

You will have to imagine my shock while walking down the sidewalk in Mariposa, California last week. I thought I saw Jack Dowd sitting there imitating one of his sculptures.

A little background: Jack is a Sarasota, Florida sculptor of some national repute (hot link above) and a former neighbor of my son, Chris. Chris left Sarasota and moved to the Mariposa area about a dozen years ago. When visiting Chris and family the last thing I expected to see was someone from my town of Sarasota. 

How could I even know about Dolls by Alinda much less Jack's doppleganger awaiting me? Small world; funny world.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see "Trail's End" in person. Thanks for the neat photo display of the area! I'm sure you and your girlfriend, Pamela, had a great time with Mike and Linda.

Alison