Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not so smart, not so fast

Some days we are not as smart or as quick as we imagine ourselves. Do you know what I mean?

Well, for a very short time yesterday I was neither too smart nor too quick. Here's what happened that caused many of you to receive a blog posting from eyes that hear containing not much more than a blank rectangle.

Yesterday I thought to test a new banner for a web site by dropping it into this Blogger posting application. I didn't know if the banner I made in Photoshop did, in fact, contain the necessary html code to send a clicker to my web site. So I, not so smartly, laid the png file into my blog's posting page.


I accidently published the banner only to find that I am slower than Google. I deleted the posting, but not fast enough. Google won, Gerry lost. And you got the empty rectangle in yesterday's posting. Sorry about that. I'll try to be smarter today.

To answer your question: No, the banner does not contain the necessary html code to bring you to my web site. You'll have to click on the title above while I go back to banner school.


No comments: