Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mirroring the Synchronic

Synchronicity, as a concept of awareness, has raised its head time and again lately.

If one were foolish or optimistic, one might believe that an increase of synchronicities was a signal that you are on the "right path". Well, for the skeptics, all I can say is ... pffsssst!

Yesterday during my annual eye exam [5 years since my cataract surgery], I greeted my talented ophthamologist, Michael Lamensdorf, MD, in a normal off-the-wall inquiry, "Why do I always feel good when I see you?" I asked.


This intensely connected and serious man responded with a short lecture that traveled from fondness for each other to an explanation of how recent research had mapped mirroring neurons in the human eye.

I had just read about the mirroring neurons thanks to a posting in a Face Book Group I have joined (THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS ) . So, my ophthamologist and I were on the same path, dipping into the same information stream a bit synchronistically.

 I had read about, Dr. V.S. Ramachandran, Director of the Center for Brain and Cognition at UCSD recently. (My PhD Dissertation, years ago, entailed a Cognitive Approach to the Study of Environmental Perception.) We have been discussing mirroring strategies for healing in the Face Book Group. 

And so, this awareness of mirroring has begun take on a life of its own. The attractive thing about synchronic connections is that they arrive so easily, without effort, almost as if a guardian angel had just whispered into your ear. 


~ ~ ~





No comments: