Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cell Phone Hallelujah

I found my cell phone in the front pocket of my blue jeans; right where it belonged. Unfortunately, the jeans had just gone through the washer-dryer cycle and the phone was still burning hot.

"For crying out loud!"  I was scheduled to leave town the next day. So when the phone cooled down a bit I tested it and placed a long distance call to my brother, Gregory. He answered. We talked for awhile on the warm cell phone. "How lucky", I thought, "it works."

Then I tried a few other numbers but the phone freaked out, dialing numbers and ** ##! crazy symbols that I never touched.


I disassembled the phone and left it on the bureau when I left town. Meanwhile, my everloving mate, Pam, heard about an old techie trick on National Public Radio. She filled a quart jar with uncooked rice and my cell phone. And there it sat for four days.

When I removed the phone from the rice jar I noticed that the edges of the screen had cleared up. I tried the phone. It works today!!! Hallelujah!

No comments: